Monday, March 8, 2010

OUCH!!

So I woke today feeling extremely hopeful this morning! It was the third morning in a row that I woke up in less than moderate pain in weeks. I am supposed to be running an 8k in the Shamrock Run this coming weekend and I have not been running in 5 weeks (yikes)!! I was really excited to get back to it this afternoon, however, here I am, at the end of my workday in a whole lot of pain. I don't know what it is, but sitting straight up in a chair just KILLS me by the end of the day! Does anyone else experience this??? It's like there is a knife stabbing through my pelvis. I can't take it. I guess the running shoes will have to wait for tomorrow (sigh). Time to get home to my bed and heating pad [insert swear word here] I am sooo disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi KD,

    Nice to "meet" you! Your comment on Endochick's blog triggered an email notification and that's how I found you.

    I'm sorry to hear about your pain. (Yes, I know the lovely feeling of knives stabbing me).

    With the pain that you are describing and the fact that you haven't been running in 5 weeks paired with the fact that the Shamrock Run is this weekend (just a few days away), I can't help but wondering if you're putting an awful lot of pressure on yourself to do something your body might not be thrilled about doing (or even able to do at this point in time).

    I say this out of concern and I hate to sound preachy... I just worry based on what you've written here. I have lived with chronic pain for 28 years. I've learned the hard way what happens when I try to push my body past its limits. It's not pretty.

    I don't always practice what I preach. My husband wanted to go snowshoeing about a week ago and I went. I am still paying the price.

    So, do whatever works for you but try to listen to your body so that you don't make yourself sicker by pushing too hard.

    Take care,

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete