Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blah, blah, bladder...

So, now there are some major bladder issues, apparently. I am way stressed and losing sleep over all of this mess. I guess there has been blood in my urine for the past few months (yes, I noticed, but my dr. didn't mention it). When I approached my dr about the issue yesterday she was alarmed and was clearly embarrassed and trying to make up for not mentioning it. She took yet another urine sample which had blood in it once again. She would like to rule out contamination. Again, I am not sure how it would be contaminated with blood several times when I am not menstruating or having sex, but now I will be having a catheter (yikes!!!) inserted into my bladder today to take the sample straight from my bladder. I don't know if any of you have done this but I had it done over 10 years ago, and I remember it VIVIDLY-total trauma!!!! So, today I will be loading up on the Percocet and having the most painful thing EVER! :( I will let you all know how it goes... It is just so hard not to worry. *frown*

2 comments:

  1. Hoping that you are doing better...came by from ICLW to say HI and give you a hug. (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I hope you get it all sorted! It must be very frustrating.

    ICLW
    #101
    http://thegalwho.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete